What I wrote so far:
- no ICQ groups - that sucks - I used to use it a lot
of people are retained ('MG Zas' for example) - which is a backup for
groups ('group MG -> user Zas' becomes 'MG Zas').
- Cyrillic characters work fine (if it was working with my other client - Pidgin/Gaim)
the standalone client - Google Talk - I have no idea if it works there
- Google have a pretty wierd update policy - they update silently and
only some clients - it sucks.
After all - it's usable
After a week of using it this is what I noticed:
- Cyrillic doesn't always work with everybody, sometimes UTF-8 comes as cp-1251, even though the browser is in UTF-8.
- However, when I write, everybody sees it correctly.
- No way to give authorization to people, no way to ask for one.
- No way to see user info. No way, really.
- Some of my peers receive everything in html. It's hard to chat with them.
- I guess people without the official client.
After all - it's still usable, but I'm not going to recommend it to any more.